Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thursday

For the most part today has been a normal Thursday. I had school with the children this morning and for a short time right after lunch for the last reading spot of the day. Esther had her long time. She cross stitched for about half the time and then did a drawing activity on one of the Osmo apps on my iPad. I boxed up another group of Christmas items...but didn't do a lot more as I was pretty tired by the time school was over. Hopefully tomorrow and over the weekend I will be able to get most of the Christmas items that are still on the coffee table, dining room table, and kitchen table boxed up...then it will be time to attack the tree...oh, my...so far from being finished when I think about the job that the tree is! I woke up too early this morning and did a little cleaning before school so my day started earlier than usual...so was especially ready for a nap this afternoon! Woody made Peasant Salad while I was having school this morning. He also steamed asparagus just before lunch. Yesterday he made his veggie burrito concoction. So there are lots of choices of veggies around here at the moment. Woody went for a four mile walk this afternoon...while I napped! He also worked out in the yard some today. Mid-afternoon Isaac came over looking for Goosey (Woody). Isaac was all excited because his parents told him that if Goosey would come over when they went on their date this evening, then Isaac could be in charge...along with Goosey! When Nathan and Kathy leave, they usually leave one of the older children "in charge"...so Isaac was very excited to get that title placed on him...as long as Goosey would come over and be in charge with him! I made a pasta sauce and served it over zucchini noodles for our supper. As soon as Woody ate, he headed next door to be in charge with Isaac! Woody is back home and we are once again settling in for another quiet evening of TV, reading, and/or needlework. Pretty much the same ol', same ol' for our routine...not much changes from day to day to report...rather a boring read most of the time, I'm afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment