Saturday, February 18, 2017

Closer

Well, I met my goal for the day...all the boxes are upstairs and filled except for the ones for the Christmas tree decorations. I also got the shelves above the kitchen cabinets back to non-Christmas status. I still have to do some shifting around of the Christmas dishes...and then it is "ONLY" the Christmas tree. Now...750+ ornaments is a big "ONLY" but I am getting closer! Undecorating is an ordeal any year, but this year with being "down" due to gout it has been more of an ordeal! I will say that at the moment "my gout" seems to be gone. I'm almost afraid to say that last sentence...it could sneak back at any moment! But at least for the moment I am feeling ever so much better. I still need to take lots of rests, but I am back to being able to do most things...just not as fast. Woody did our Saturday errands...Lowes, Walmart, Aldis, Kroger, library. He also made a visit to the hospital, but the gentleman that he went to see was no longer a patient. This afternoon he made cookies to take to church in the morning for the Sunday school youth...middle school boys' turn to provide snacks for the preSunday school time. Woody is one of the middle school Sunday school teachers. That about sums up our day...a pretty normal Saturday for us. Oh, last night after I finished blogging I got to looking at the picture of the sampler that I am working on and realized that I had missed a stitch...can any of you find that missing stitch? I will put it in when I am filling in the solid colors. It is very hard to go back and add a single stitch when I am stitching with silk thread. Silk threads are slippery and hard to anchor so they don't work back out...so I will add in that stitch at a later time. I have done a little more of the double running stitch on that band since blogging last night...slow progress...but progress...sort of like everything that I do these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment