Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Bubble Gum Pink & Baby Blue Smile!

Joy got her braces today and chose bubble gum pink and baby blue for the colors on her braces for this visit. They certainly make braces a lot more fun than when I wore them or even when Melany and Nathan wore them. Abigail went for her regular orthodontist appointment this morning too and I think that the girls have mapped out the next several visits with what colors their teeth will wear! Joy only got braces on her top teeth at this time as her bite is such that she wouldn't have been able to close her teeth together at all if she had anything sticking out on her bottom teeth. They will work on her top teeth for the time being and when they have moved enough then they will add the brackets on the bottom. Abigail got something new on her teeth too...she got brackets on two of her teeth that don't seem to be cooperating on coming in...these new brackets are hopefully going to encourage those two teeth to come in all the way! Amazing what can be done for teeth...and, amazing how different each of these siblings mouths/teeth are. Joy is the third in her family to don braces. I started to title the blog "Uncle!" As I am ready to cry, "Uncle." In the night...or really the wee hours of the morning, I realized that the pain that I was having in my left foot was gout...in a different place than where it was before. I don't know if it is hanging on from the last bout or if it is an entirely new bout! I'm ready for this to be over...enough already!!!! The doctor told me to take my new gout med as soon as I started having an attack. So I did. She also told me that I could take two at the start. But remembering all the trouble that this drug caused to my digestive system the last time, I was very hesitant to even take the first one much less two. So settled for just one. The last time I took this drug at 8am and 8pm so decided that I would go on and take the second one at 8am. So at this point I have had two of these little teeny tiny pills that cost mega bucks. Well, I have decided that perhaps the gout pain can be endured better than the affects of the med. I have been fighting nausea since 5pm. I think that for the moment I have risen above it without being sick. But I have made the decision that I will not be taking this pill at 8pm. I managed to get through the school morning. And, went to the library after lunch. I was very ready to come home to "my chair!" And, then not long after attempting to relax, I started feeling sick. I am hoping to be able to sleep tonight since I didn't sleep much last night. Woody stopped at the Credit Union...I was in need of pennies for school. Isaac has been practicing counting and when he meets a certain goal he gets to keep the pennies...well, my pennies were about gone! Woody also did our Wednesday Krogering with a stop at Aldis. He put most of the groceries away since I was still having school. He took his four-mile walk while I was working in the library. We are now settled in for the evening...same ol', same ol' type of evening for this Dorrell household. Oh, I just remembered what I forgot to tell you last night. Yesterday Nathan came over and told us that he had just found out that "his" Advil Liqui-Gel ad had been one of the Super Bowl ads. We just never know where our son might turn up...certainly wasn't expecting him to be a part of the Super Bowl...only 0.5 sec. of the Super Bowl, but still...he was actually in one of the Super Bowl commercials...juggling bowling balls underwater no less! Not too many dull moments next door in that Dorrell household!

No comments:

Post a Comment