Monday, February 13, 2017

Never the Twain Shall Meet!

Not sure where I am going with tonight's photo...I planned to find the zebra photo that is the background screen on our laptop but found this guy instead! And decided that he needed to look in and check on each of you, our blog readers! I took his photo at the St. Louis Zoo a few years back. Today Woody's and my paths haven't crossed very much. I'm not even sure exactly what he has done with his day as I am sure that he has no idea what I have done with mine. We've just been busy doing "our own thing," I guess! I do know that he visited with friend who is in his Deacon Family. This gentleman is no longer able to get out and come to church so Woody stops by to see him every so often. Today Woody delivered him a magazine from church and a Valentine that one of the children at church made for him. Later in the morning Woody went to Life Care to have Bible study with Jeff. While he was doing those things I was having school with the children. Today is an extra busy school day. I have Joseph, then Isaac, then Elijah read, then Esther read, and then Abigail read. After all that reading, Joy came over for her long time. She continued to familiarize herself with the stitches on the sewing machine that she uses. She combined decorative stitches today and wrote "Happy Valentine's Day" with lettering in the machine. After she did that for a while, she and I started studying the pattern that she is going to use to make a jeans skirt. Maybe she will get started on the skirt her next sewing time. I ate a quick lunch and then it was time for Elijah to come over for his long Grammy time. He is wanting to learn how to do stop motion animation. Aunt Melany and Uncle Wade gave the children an animation set for Christmas. He worked on that for a while till he ran into a snag. Then he decided that he would do the newest Osmo app that was the "pickle present" from us this Christmas. It is called Pizza Company...and you run a pizza store...from putting on the ingredients, to making the customers happy, to having to buy the ingredients, to making change for the customers...and at the end of each day finding out what your profit was. Today, Elijah learned that if you put lots of ingredients on the pizza that your profit is less...but he made the customers happy! It's a fun way to learn a little about how a business is run on a child's level. The children seem to be enjoying it. It has various levels...one level all you do is make the pizzas, at another level you make change but only with bills, and at another level you have to make change with bills and coins. So the youngest to the oldest can hopefully learn a thing or two from this app. After Elijah left I was pretty tired so I retired to my room and rested, read, and worked on my needlework sampler. Last night I finally got the incentive to put the new neck bands on my three tops...so I have three "like new" tops since I either replaced a neck band that was worn out or that I didn't like the style. Next I'm hoping to get back in the sewing groove and make a dress for myself...haven't done that in a while. I'm not sure if Woody ever walked today. I figure that he did, but I never heard him say that he was leaving...usually he announces that he is going on a walk...sometimes I hear and sometimes I don't. I figure that I was just busy in another part of the house. He did go to Monday prayer meeting earlier in the evening. Next plan of the day: settling in for another very quiet evening.

1 comment: