Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day 2017

Our day has been pretty much a usual Monday. Woody started his morning outside weeding and mulching.  Mid-morning he went on a four-mile walk.  After lunch, he went to Life Care Center and had Bible study with Jeff and visited a couple of other residents.

Today I considered to be my first "real" day of summer vacation (today was the first day since our last day on Thursday that I would have had school)...so I slept in a bit longer this morning than I do during the school year. I had planned to sew today, but ended up cooking instead.  I made two different main dish salads...a ham macaroni salad and our Mediterranian tuna salad...both favorites of ours.  There was quite a bit of cutting and chopping so they took a while to put together. We enjoyed the ham macaroni salad for supper.  I did do a little sewing this afternoon.  Last night I cut out a pair of crop pants and have them finished except for the elastic casing.  Need to buy elastic before I can finish.

All in all a pretty quiet Memorial Day for us.  It has been a pretty nice day temperature-wise.  We did have some rain this afternoon...more drinks for the flowers and plants.  They're all looking pretty happy at least for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment