Thursday, May 25, 2017

School's Out!



Last school lessons with Grammy for this school year happened this morning. Joseph opted to just have a play day for his school time.  He played with toys in the toy closet while Abigail read to me.  Isaac came over and read two Dick and Jane stories and then decided to play for a while too.  After he played for a while, he came to me and suggested that we read another Dick and Jane story since it was the last day of school!  The school morning ended a bit early as The Dazzling Dorrells needed to go practice.  Next week will begin their flurry of summer programs...during next week they will be performing 15 programs!  Makes me tired just thinking about it!

After my last pupil for this school year left, I brewed a cup of tea and decided to go sit on the front porch with my cameras.  Tonight's photos just show one of my many birdie visitors while I was sitting there.  I didn't sit very long before I decided to pull the vacuum out onto the front porch and give the porch furniture and pillows a good dusting.  I need to wipe the furniture down with a damp rag, but wanted to get most of the pollen and dust off first.  I did the dusting job and left the wiping down for another day.  Hopefully they won't be too dusty when I get around to doing the rest of the job!

Woody went on a four-mile walk during my porch sitting/cleaning.  He also did some weeding today.  It was a very cool day for the end of May. This afternoon he did some batting practice with our young neighbor (grandchildren) ball players.  We were all disappointed to hear that the girls' ball game was cancelled tonight due to the fields being too wet.  It would have been a nice evening for a baseball game! I hear the children playing outside as I type this.

I called Melany this afternoon to wish her and Wade a happy 26th anniversary.  26 years ago we weren't having a cool spell on Memorial Day weekend...it was very HOT...very glad that day for an air conditioned church!

No comments:

Post a Comment