Saturday, May 20, 2017

Saturday Comings and Goings

Woody did a lot of coming and going today so the rakes got a day of rest!  Woody walked a total of five miles today.  He did our grocery shopping on his "new day," Friday.  So today he was down to library and hospital visits and two trips to the pharmacy.  He went to the hospital with a list of four people from our church to visit, but only two were still patients so he visited with them.
He stopped at the pharmacy and attempted to pick up his prescription and found that they had filled four for me and none for him.  They filled all the updated prescriptions that the doctor phoned in for me...not sure why on a couple of them...usually they just put those updated prescriptions on file and fill them when I call them in.  His prescription, the only one that was really needed, hadn't been filled so he walked back for it later.

An update on Woody's "Golden Gate Bridge" project (one that needs to be started again as soon as it is finished)...he succeeded in getting the whole yard raked and mowed for the first time this season on Thursday.  Thus he is able to sit back and rest from that job for a day or two before he has to start the job all over again.  That is what happens when the Golden Gate Bridge is painted...by the time they get to the end of the bridge, it is time to go back to the other end of the bridge and start painting it all over again. Thus the rakes are all leaning up against our chimney on the side of the house awaiting the time when they will be needed once again!

I have had a pretty lazy day.  I guess I am recovering from all the partying yesterday!  I have a top ready to cut out, but just haven't had the energy to pick up the scissors!  I decided that I would put away some patterns that I had been looking through to make the decision of which to use for this top.  When I started putting them away, I decided that I needed to clean out that section in my sewing cabinet...so that slowed me down in doing much else.  Then I found myself taking a nap in the afternoon...I realized that I had taken a nap when I awakened!  Guess I will continue my shelf straightening after I publish this...need to accomplish something today!

We have been expecting a storm today and it finally arrived a little while ago.  We are having pretty heavy rain as I type and there are rumbles of thunder in the background.  I am hoping that our plants are enjoying their good drink! I'm liking not having to lug the watering can or a hose to all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment