Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Recalled

Woody started his morning off by driving to the Ford dealership in town.  Our Ford Fusion had a recall...something about the door latches.  Woody called yesterday to find our about getting it done.  When asked when he wanted it done, Woody suggested sometime next week.  The lady on the phone seemed to want it sooner so he suggested this morning which she agreed upon.  Woody told her that he would bring it in at 8am and that time was agreed upon.  He was told that it would take three hours.  Guess what...car is still there and don't think that the work has even been started.  We didn't need the car today, but may need it tomorrow...wonder if we will have it by the time that we need it!  Woody's walk of the day was walking back from the dealership.  He said to call that his four-mile walk of the day.  I think that it is longer than four miles and suggested that he check the mileage on his return trip home with the car...well, obvioiusly that distance check didn't get done! But I still think that the walk back was longer than four miles.

Woody spent quite a bit of time outside this morning weeding in the large flower bed that straddles the property lines of both out house and Nathan's.  At one end of that flower bed is a large bed of day lilies...tonight's photo is of one of those lilies.  That bed can be quite a beautiful display of orange in late May into early June.

This morning I got up and decided that I wanted to make a ham and cheese omelet before our ham is gone.  It definitely hit the spot and got my day off to a yummy start!  (Woody had his usual oatmeal and banana.)  I am in the planning stages of the next pillow that I will make for our front porch.  I have one finished except for stuffing it.  I can't stuff it till I make a trip to the store to get some more fiber fill.  Either the girls or I used up the last of the fiber fill that I had in one of the last pillows made.  I did find some elastic in my sewing cabinet so was able to finish my crop pants without going to the store.  So a tally on my summer sewing so far = 1 top, 1 pair of crop pants and 1 pillow top.  Not too bad for just the first few days off from school.  After lunch, I headed off to the church library.  Donna and I worked for a couple of hours "reading shelves," a library term for straightening and making sure that the books are in the right order on the shelves. I was working on the fiction section.  That job just made me want to read a lot of the books that I haven't read yet! Our church library really has an excellent selection of books of all types (that are appropriate for a church library).

Will keep you posted on our recall!  Happy last day of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment