Friday, March 8, 2019

Back to March Showers

These flowers just looked so spring-like that I decided to post them.  These are flowers that friends gave me for my birthday eight years ago.  They happened to be close to the picture of the chicken that I used last night so decided to use another oldie photo for tonight's blog.

I have been busy just about from the moment that I got up.  Lots of things are going on this weekend for our Sunday School class.  One Sunday school member's father died recently and the visitation and funeral are this weekend.  Our class takes a meal to class members when there is a death in their family.  I went this evening and purchased some items that we need for the meal and then tomorrow I will cook my part (a ham, the class is providing the ham and I am cooking it.) Our class is also giving a luncheon for a member of our class who is moving away.  We are having a soup and salad luncheon after church on Sunday.  I made a large pot of  Italian Sausage Soup today for one of the soups that we are going to offer.  Lots of cooking and coming and going this weekend for all of us in my ladies' Sunday School class.  And, there will be lots of good eating coming up, too!  We are good cooks!

Woody did the rest of our grocery shopping this morning and also took his friend to do errands.  Woody was gone till after noon.  Before it got dark, Woody drove me to Walmart.  He dropped me off near the door and then parked while I ran in and got a couple of things.  It was raining at the time and his curbside service helped.  I guess it rained hard while I was in Walmart, but had pretty much stopped when I came out so I didn't get wet going in or coming out.  It has rained off and on all day.  And, tomorrow it is supposed to rain hard again and there is a chance of some severe weather.

Abigail continues to bake cheesecakes.  She is baking them now to raise money for the family's upcoming mission trip to Africa.  Today she needed another oven and baked one over here...a strawberry-swirl cheesecake.  Looked and smelled very good!  She has baked and sold enough to just about pay for her plane ticket to Kenya!  Way to go, Abigail!

No comments:

Post a Comment