Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Bidding Farewell to Winter!

Doesn't it sound good to say that we are bidding farewell to Winter!?!  Well, I guess if you live in Arizona that perhaps you aren't as excited to say good bye to the cool months.  But here in Tennessee and many other parts of the country, I think that most are ready for the warmer days that are ahead for us.

We have had a stay-at-home day.  I had school with the children.  Esther had her long time today and she water colored.  She painted a picture with an elephant in it and then one with lions in it.  Do you see a theme in her paintings?  I think that perhaps she has their upcoming African mission trip on her mind!

Isaac helped me out after he finished his school work for the day.  He helped get the K'nex pieces all back in their proper boxes, etc.  What a help!  He did a great job and seemed to enjoy organizing them.  I hardly had to do anything.  Thank you, Isaac!  Later this afternoon, Isaac helped Goosey find
a shovel.  Shovels seem to be joint property between our two houses and most of the no one knows where they are! So it was Isaac's day to be a good helper since he located one or more on their "back 40" (their lot behind our house).

Kathy and Joseph just returned from South Carolina.  Only Joseph got the yellow fever vaccine.  The new rule is if you have ever had it, you don't have to have it again.  It had been that you had to have another one after ten years.

I continued to pack up things in the kitchen.  I added several boxes to the growing stacks in the upstairs hall!  Woody helped me with supper.  He cut all the peppers and onions for our Philly-type steak sandwiches.  A big help...since I didn't have to cry with the onions!


No comments:

Post a Comment