Thursday, March 14, 2019

Thunder on Thursday

It looks like the brunt of today's storms are through our area.  We may still get a little rain and then we should be completely out of the rain...for tonight.  We definitely got some more rain and I did hear a little thunder.  Though, I will admit to drifting off to sleep for a nap after I ate supper...so might not have heard some of it!  So to me it seemed to pass us by quickly!

I had school this morning.  Isaac had his long time.  He and Joseph used the Osmo app some and then Isaac decided that he wanted to paint.  He really likes to paint with water colors.  This is the horse that he painted yesterday after Esther pointed out that his horse had a "people face."  He added the ears today after he looked at a photo of a real brown horse that I showed him.  Not bad for a child who has never shown a lot of interest in doing art work.  Today he had fun putting a big drop of paint on his paper and then tipping the paper or blowing on the drop and seeing what path the paint would take.

After lunch, I headed off to the church to work in the library for a while. Donna and I got books checked in and out and then finished processing several new books and got them on the new book shelf.  We scooted out of the library a bit earlier than sometimes as we hoped to get home prior to the rain/storm getting here.  A lot of schools in the area, including Melany's, let out early because of the prediction of the storm arriving around the time schools would let out.

After I got home, Isaac and Joseph came over and invited us over for "a puppet show."  So we went over a saw a puppet show starring a pink pig puppet.  The pig puppet was flying to Africa!  I guess they have their upcoming mission trip to Africa on their minds!  We also helped Esther and Elijah with a crossword puzzle that they were doing for school...it had to do with lots of dinosaurs that I had never heard of!  I got their text book and helped out a little!

Woody has challenged the computer to several games of Scrabble today.  He has also read and watched TV.  He spent a little time outside picking up sticks and made one trip out to the road in back of us with an armload of sticks...and, that is a bit of a trek...through our back yard and through the lot behind our house.  So he got some fresh air and a bit of exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment