Monday, March 25, 2019

Stormy Afternoon

It was a bit stormy this afternoon...several loud booms of thunder...and, look who came to sit in my lap!  It's hard to take a selfie when you have a lap full of cats!!  They begged me to come in because it was raining and thundering...and, I gave in!  This is the first time that they have both gotten in my lap at the same time.  Sweet kitties!  They were purry happy to be safe and dry from the storms.  I think that we had at least three storms roll through this afternoon.

Woody left shortly after eight this morning to get a tire fixed.  We had a new warning given by our car as we were driving to church yesterday morning: "tire pressure is low." So he checked to see which tire it might be after we got home and he discovered a screw in one of the tires.  So this morning he took the car in to get the tire fixed.

I spent the morning cleaning.  I am getting ready to paint the master bathroom before we get new flooring in it.  It's on my list of "to-dos" before the kitchen remodel gets underway...the floors in all three bathrooms and the sun porch and laundry room are also getting new floors along with the kitchen.  I also hunted down where I had put some dishes that I'm going to need when we have guests for lunch next week!  I think that perhaps there is a saying: "IF you pack it away you WILL need it!" I'm really glad that I have labeled boxes very well!  After lunch, I had a couple of appointments and luckily managed to get in and out without getting wet.  It was sunshiny when I left the house...about half-way there it started to rain, but by the time I got there it had stopped and it wasn't raining when I came out.  I decided to run to WalMart and noticed after I got into the parking lot that there was a pretty dark heavy cloud hanging overhead...a wall cloud...that was how I described it Woody when I got home and then when the weather came on TV the weatherman talked about the wall cloud...so maybe that is what I saw.  I decided to go on into WalMart and just wait out the downpour, that I figured was coming, inside Walmart.  It was just starting to sprinkle as I went in.  Not long after I got in I heard thunder and then hard rain on the roof.  I got what I needed and then just poked around until the worst had passed.  It was still raining some when I left, but not really hard.  And, most important point: I didn't melt!!

After supper, Woody headed off to church for the Monday night Furnace Room Prayer meeting.  He hasn't returned yet, but will probably be home shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment