Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Next Step: Paint

I should have new barn photos tomorrow.  A couple of friends and I are going to head off in the morning in search of more/different barns in surrounding counties.

I did find good information on the internet about caulking which made the job rather easy...and the end result looks okay to my eyes!  I needed blue painters tape to create the boundaries of the channel for the caulk.  Only one problem...I didn't have enough on hand to make it around the tub/shower insert.  Which meant a trip to get some more.  I had the tape placed before going to work in the church library.  And, after I got home I got brave and got underway with the job.  It didn't take all that long.  There was even time for me to make a pot of chicken noodle soup for our supper.  I rested for a while after we ate and then attacked the kitchen.  After I blog I will get my camera bag ready for the barn photo trip.  I will put off the painting till I have a long stretch of time...probably not till Friday.  At least the part of the painting that I was dreading, the caulking, is behind me!  For a while I wasn't sure that I was going to get the caulk off my hands...but finally...

Woody has stayed in most  of the day.  He did go outside and plant a little grass seed...trying to get some bare spots (we have many) in the yard to grow some grass.  He has done his usual reading, crossword puzzling, and TV watching today.

Well, I guess I'm going to go pack cameras, batteries, etc.  I'm hoping to get some good shots of some new places tomorrow.  If I do, I'll be sharing them here on the blog over the coming days/weeks.  You can decide if that is a promise or a threat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment