Saturday, March 9, 2019

Time Springs Forward!

Time springs forward tonight...now to remember to change clocks after I blog!  We have had a busy day.  Woody made his weekly trip to the library.  And, also made a hospital visit. I pretty much stuck around the house.  Several people brought the item/s they signed up to take for the meal by the house.  I gathered up what I already had here and put all the nonperishable items in our laundry basket so that could be transferred to our car in one trip.  At the appropriate time I got the ham in the oven for the meal...wanted it cooked, but also wanted it cool enough to transfer easily.  At 4:30 Woody and I headed to our church as we arranged for the rest of the food to be brought to us by 5pm.  And, boy were the ladies all prompt.  We had all the food on the list checked off and were pulling away a little after 5pm.  All this was happening in a break in the weather...thank goodness.  It did rain on us a bit as we were heading to the house, but it let up when we got there.  We delivered all the food and then headed off to the funeral home.  We are home now and ready to put our feet up!

Melany (our daughter) just texted me that she and the rest of her family are in the safe places in their new house as they are under a tornado warning.  For those not from around here...a tornado watch means that conditions are right for a tornado...a tornado warning means that a tornado has been reported on the ground.  Now...these warnings are for an entire county so the tornado on the ground may be near to them or in another part of the county.  I guess rougher weather is approaching us...so will close this for tonight.  I am starting to get drop downs on my iPad from news stations in Huntsville that we have storms approaching...maybe I will go downstairs!  Thunder is getting louder...and rain harder...hope I remember to move the clocks forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment