Friday, March 15, 2019

Beware...

Beware of the Ides of March!  But also be aware of the fact that half of March is already behind us!  Where does the time go?

Woody headed off fairly early this morning to do our weekly shopping.  He stopped by his friend's but didn't run errands with him as his wasn't feeling well.  He still spent a good portion of the morning running from one store to another!

Abigail came over for her home ec time this morning.  I think that she managed to get the top of her throw pieced.  Now to press it and decide what else we will do with the top before we get ready to make a quilt sandwich out of it.  It's color variations are beautiful.  I think that she will love curling up under it when it is finished.  After her sewing time, I continued to empty cabinets.  I now have our Christmas dishes sitting here next to me on my dresser.  I took a few other things out of cabinets and relocated them for the time being.  I also cleared off the dresser in the guest room so I can place some items on it.  I think that things are sort of going to look stacked up around here for a while!  I had plans to do some machine embroidery today, but so far that hasn't happened.  I did make a loaf of banana bread to take to a friend.  That came out of the oven just a few minutes ago...and does smell good.  It was made from a recipe that I have used for 50 years as it came from a cookbook that we got for a wedding present.  We are closing in on our 50th anniversary next week.  Again...where has the time gone...if I think that this month has flown by, then what happened to those 50 years?!?  They also flew by!

I talked to Cheryl, my sister, this afternoon for the first time since we moved an hour farther away from each other on the 10th. This is the time change that I don't care for because Arizona doesn't change time...so at this time change we are two hours apart...and that time difference makes a difference when it comes to finding the right times to call each other.  

Woody has done his crossword puzzles, read, and watched TV.  He has been trying to be good and spend some part of the day lying down with his knee above his heart, like he was told to do...trying to get all the swelling from the surgery to go down.  I think that he feels like it is helping...at least he is faithfully spending time lying on the couch with his legs propped on quite a few pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment