Friday, March 1, 2019

The Weather Didn't Cooperate!

Friends and I were supposed to go on a "barn photo trip" today, but it was still a drizzly, dreary day so we decided to postpone it till a prettier day.  I decided that I would go find a picture that I took on a previous "barn photo trip" that I hadn't posted before and post it tonight as a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" picture!  This is a farm that we "came upon" as we rounded this curve.  That's one of the fun things about "barn photo trips"...that barns and farms seem to be around just about every curve and bend out in the country in our area of  Middle Tennessee.  Even though there are so many barns, we all get pretty excited when we spot them on our road trips!

Woody did all the running around for us today.  He ran errands for us and took his friend to run his errands.  He had a busy morning that lasted into the afternoon.  I stayed home and did some of the things that I needed to do.  I mainly cooked as we were out of several things.  I made "liquid gold" aka chicken stock.  That meant stewing a chicken and then taking the meat  off the bones and then putting the bones back in the broth that the chicken had cooked in along with veggies and some Herb's and letting it simmer for a long period of time.  I got that done and then I needed to come up with a main dish for tonight.  I made a meatloaf...well, divided into two meatloafs...one for tonight and one to freeze.  Dividing them like that meant that they didn't take as long to cook.  We have eaten and the dishwasher is going.  I still have the worst of the dishes to wash (the pot that the chicken and
then the stock cooked in), but it has soaked and I have done an initial scrub on it, so it won't be so bad
when I go back to wash it.

We are both settling in for our usual quiet Friday evening...Woody with a book and the TV and me with an e-book that I am reading on my iPad.  Both of us in "our" recliners...one upstairs and one downstairs...I am up and he is down...so very quiet...

No comments:

Post a Comment