Monday, March 11, 2019

Moved Clock Ahead an Hour and Gained a Year!

This time change really made a difference for me.  I woke up an hour ahead of the day before and another year older!  What you see pictured is a piece of one of Abigail's cheesecake creations...my birthday piece!  This was a new flavor.  Our pastor loves cheesecake and he challenged Abigail to come up with a Banana/Nutella Cheesecake.  This was her first attempt at that flavor!  Pretty good...but I like some of her others even more!  

Today was the calm after the storm of activities yesterday.  Yesterday stacked something like this: church service/Sunday School/Set up for luncheon/luncheon at church for a friend who is moving/funeral for a friend's father.  It was a day of "good-byes."

Today the children and I had school.  Joy had her long time.  She painted flowers and a bird and some curly lettering.  I sat in the school room while she painted and boxed up glassware...another shelf empty in the kitchen...this time in the upper cabinets. This afternoon I fixed our annual New England Corned Beef dinner.  Woody is eating the boiled veggies and I am eating the meat and some of the boiled veggies.  Woody's favorite with this meal is the boiled cabbage.  I love the meat and the potatoes.  It is one of those meals that takes a while to prepare...mainly just the cooking time...the rest is quite easy...and, then we have food for several meals on into the week.  

This evening Woody went to the Furnace Room Prayer Meeting at church.  He just returned a little while ago.  I am heading down to finish cleaning up the kitchen as I needed a rest after getting and eating the meal!  

No comments:

Post a Comment