Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Day of Lasts

Today was the last day of Grammy School.  Everyone except Joy came over for either their school time or their reading time or their long time.  Joy was helping with the yard sale and chose not to come...she is n the middle of a Nancy Drew mystery so I know that she will continue reading to find out who-done-it.  Isaac and I took apart the last of the K'nex builds and got all the pieces put in their proper places.  Well, I say we took apart the last...I am sure that there are more at their house that need to come back over here and be put away...but we did what we could with what we had here.  So the K'nex are ready summer building time. Thought right now I am discouraging having too many out since I have started putting kitchen items in the living room till after the remodel.  I took more things out of cabinets today.  I also took out quite a few food items that I had stored in one of the kitchen cabinets. So the cupboards are becoming barer!

Elijah and I went shoe shopping this afternoon.  Woody has been in and out watering plants and picking up sticks in the yard.  It has been a pretty hot day...no one felt like staying out very long.  It was a hot night at the softball fields.  Joy and Esther played games at the same time tonight.  Tonight was their last softball game for this season.  Esther's team remained undefeated. Joy's team didn't win a game this season, but did tie twice. Esther's team went to the DQ after their game.

We left to go to the game before I could get the kitchen cleaned up after our supper...so I guess a mess is calling me.  This hot weather makes me not want to do anything except sit and read!

All I can say is SUMMER VACATION has started!  My hope for the summer...have the kitchen done before we go back to school!  I guess time will tell on whether that hope comes true!

No comments:

Post a Comment