Friday, May 10, 2019

An On-The-Go Friday

Can you find two horses in this photo?  You might have to click on the picture and make it bigger.  They're not real obvious...yet framed...there's your hint!

I got up this morning and fixed our breakfast.  I went with Woody to do our weekly shopping this morning.  Woody did our shopping and I shopped for the meal that our Sunday School class is doing for a member of our class and her family for after her mother's funeral tomorrow.  Several in the class gave money for the meal and I did the shopping.  This afternoon I have been gathering food items together so Woody and I can deliver the meal tomorrow afternoon. I cut up veggies for a veggie tray, etc.  I think all is gathered either in a laundry basket (non perishables) and the perishables are gathered in the refrigerator.  All I have left to do is assemble the veggie tray and then pick up other's food at the church tomorrow afternoon and then deliver the meal.

Woody did our shopping with me and then brought me home and he headed off to pick up his friend to take him to do his shopping.  When in "resting mode" I worked on Sunday's Sunday School lesson. Still have more work to do on it.  I also dozed off one time when I was in "resting mode" which wasn't my intention!  Isaac came over to do his long time with me that he missed yesterday so I attempted to come back to life.  He just wanted to start reading another of Thornton Burgess' books.  These are books that I remember my mother reading to me when I was his age.  I enjoy reading them again with the grandchildren.  One day years ago I found quite a number of them at Walmart for 50¢ apiece.  I have read them with several of the grandchildren.  So they were worth the price! I walked a couple of things over to the neighbor's house for their yardsale that got moved off till Memorial Day since this weekend's weather was so iffy.  This way I can continue to gather more things to add for hopefully someone else to discover as a treasure.

I'd better get back to the kitchen...not finished there yet.  Need to freeze broth and finish cleaning up the mess that I have left down there. Then it is sitting time in my recliner, I guess working on the Sunday School lesson if I can keep my eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment