Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Another Late Night at the Ball Park

We have just returned from two ball games.  Esther's team won handily—10-0.  We thought that Joy's team was going to win...but in the end they tied 11-11.  Good game for both girls.  Joy pitched the first inning and only allowed one run to score.  She caught a fly ball and then threw to first base for a double play.  Esther went for tryouts for the Tullahoma Middle School softball team later this afternoon before her game. Joy plans to try out for the Tullahoma High School softball team.

School is on the count-down to the end.  Just two more days for Grammy school!  And, tomorrow I will only have a couple come for school as it is dentist check-up day for their family.  Woody did a little in the yard today...and, of course, did crossword puzzles, watched TV, and read.  He had an appointment with his nephrologist this afternoon. I cooked cooked another chicken this afternoon, but didn't make chicken stock this time as we still have plenty from the chicken that I cooked last week. I will freeze most of this chicken.  I sliced a good portion of it this time so we can have it for sandwiches.  I think that I will freeze some of the slices as that seems like something we can have when the kitchen is out of commission.  I keep trying to figure out what we can eat during that time...as we can't say we will just eat out because of Woody's strict diet.  Luckily when I can't cook here, I can slip next door and prepare our meals there!  Just want them to be easy!  Still no word on when they will get underway here...hopefully the cabinets are being worked on!

No comments:

Post a Comment