Monday, May 13, 2019

Monday...Again!

Tonight's photo is one of the roses on my rose bush.  I thought it appropriate to post it tonight as it is the rose bush that friends gave me after Mother died.  I always think that it is neat that it blooms every year around Mother's Day.

We had a fairly quiet day yesterday.  Melany and Erin paid us a visit a few weeks back and we celebrated several things late and several things early...one of them being Mother's Day.  Nathan and family had a graduation party for the daughter of one of Nathan's friend's from grammar school days. The whole crew came over after they got home and brought me a gift.

Today we were back to a school routine...closing in on the end of the school year...only this week and next and it will be summer vacation!  Joseph has been working on a big workbook of mazes, number do't-to-dots and ABC dot-to-dots.  Today he finished it.  Good job, Joseph...274 pages of puzzles!
Joy had her long time today.  She painted.  While she painted I went through some more things looking for  items to donate to the neighbor's (Nathan and Kathy's) yard sale.  I had a bell that I wanted to put in the yard sale, but when I found it, it was broken...and it was a thin glass bell...so a bit of a mess of little pieces of glass in the bin it had been stored in.  I got that thrown away and then did find a few other things to donate...so all was not lost getting into that bin!  

Woody got the lawnmower going this morning and mowed his daily small portion of the yard.  He also planted some cherry tomato plants that I had started in my hydroponic grow light inside "garden."  He took his friend to an appointment and also visited with a couple of friends who are sick and/or recovering from surgery.  He even volunteered to vacuum the family room when I ran short of time prior to school this morning.  Not a task that he had done much since his surgery!  This evening he is at the Furnace Room Prayer meeting at church.  He has had a busy running around day.  I have just had a busy day at home!






No comments:

Post a Comment