Wednesday, May 29, 2019

What a Wednesday

No particular reason for tonight's photo.  It is from our last barn photo trip.  I came across it when I was opening up some pictures on the laptop and I decided to use it tonight.  I got up and did some vacuuming while it was still cool.  I went outside to put something in the garbage before the garbage truck came by later in the morning and saw the plants that we bought yesterday and Monday.  I decided that I would get them planted...again...while it was still cool outside.  So I got two hanging baskets planted with wave petunias, planted terragon in a pot and in the raised herb bed, and planted one small pot with a rather wimpy petunia.  Now we will see if they will grow!  The cement planter with the red verbina and creeping Jenny is dong great.  Maybe my thumb is getting greener?  Doubt it!  Then I came in and made a deep dish blueberry pie.  Woody had been wanting a blueberry pie.  We each had a taste or two after lunch.  After lunch I headed off to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours.  Donna and I did maintenance,  Donna entered a book in the computer, and then we worked on the overdue list of books.  We checked the shelves to see if they are really checked out...we found quite a few that the computer said were checked out back on the shelves...some with cards in them and some without.  Always a mystery as to whether it is computer or human error!  We like to blame the computer.  I called a friend to wish her a happy birthday after I got home.

Woody did some watering early this morning...again...before it got too hot and before the sun was beating down on him.  He has stayed in most of the day as it has been very hot, once again.  He assigned me the job of ordering ink for the printer as he was starting to get warnings that the black ink was getting low.  I did that just before heading to write tonight's blog.  Woody is downstairs watching a news program and perhaps reading.  And, I think that he is enjoying a helping of deep dish blueberry pie for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment