Thursday, May 9, 2019

Different Thursday

I got up early and got underway with cooking.  And, cooked until it was lunch time.  I made the recipe that w have been using for years to make pulled pork.  It takes a bit of effort, but we think that it is worth when the cooking time is finished.  I made a double recipe as I am taking part to a friend and her family and we will have some too.  It takes a lot of skimming of fat and a long cooking time, but definitely the end product is worth it!

When I was just about finished, I got a tornado warning on my phone.  Woody had the TV on and was watching the paths of the storms.  The warnings that I had gotten were for three counties...two that just about touch where we live.  Kathy and Nathan and family came over since our bathroom safe place is larger than their pantry safe place.  I'm glad that we didn't have to all pile in since I think that we would have been packed in like sardines!  After it was evident that the storm wasn't heading our way, Nathan and Kathy left to go to a meeting and Woody left to go for his bloodwork appointment at his nephrologist's.  He was back home an hour later.  The kids stayed at our house and filtered back home one or two at a time after their folks got back.  All kinds of activities were going on...some were doing school, some were just hanging out...some ended up doing art work...some played with Osmo...some got their screens once they were through with school work.  I just let them do their thing as I cleaned up my messy kitchen.

There are times that I wish that I was cooking in my new kitchen and then times like today that I would have liked to be in the new kitchen, but was sort of glad that I wasn't as this recipe does create a mess.  Woody and I both attacked it and it is looking more back to normal.  The kitties wede happy with my cooking.  I took out a little treat for both of them from some of the scraps that I pulled off that weren't desirous to stay in the pulled pork!  But they were desirous to the cats!

No yardwork for Woody today...it started raining sooner than we expected and when it did stop, it was very wet.  We mainly got rain and not a lot of wind like was predicted.  And, our one warning didn't pan out...thankfully.  Our town's warning system never went off...just our phones.

We are both settled in for another quiet evening.  I keep thinking that it is Friday night since we didn't have school today. My students went to a prayer breakfast at church this morning.  Which did help me as I really did need a good length of time to cook and it was better for me to cook early in the day before I was worn out from daily activities!  And, I still got to spend time with the grandchildren...this time all seven were over here.  Most of the time we don't get graced with the presence of the two high school grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment