Friday, May 24, 2019

Another Hot Day


It made it to 90° today...really hot out there the couple of times that I ventured out.  I did go out and water my plants that I planted recently.  Tonight's photo shows one of the planters and its new plants. These are doing well.  There are lots of new blooms with more to open before long or so it looks.  The Creeping Jenny is creeping over the edge of the planter the way I wanted it to.

Woody spent most of the morning running errands either for us or with his friend.  He usually sits in the car while his friend does his shopping.  When Woody came home he commented on how hot it was (something that he rarely says these days) so it really must have been hot!  I worked around the house on my first day off for summer vacation.  Nathan and Kathy and family braved the hot weather and continued with their yardsale.  Yesterday Nathan and Graham went to Murfreesboro and picked
up some more items for their yardsale from Melany and Wade.  Melany and Wade are in the midst of
getting their old house ready to be put on the market.  So they were glad for Nathan to drive away
with some of the things that they no longer wanted.

I have enjoyed breaks in my day reading and watching some old seasons of HGTV on my iPad...watching kitchen renovations...dreaming of the time that we will be in the midst of ours!  I did empty out several more cabinets.  The only things in the lower cabinets on the stove side of the kitchen are canned goods and our air popcorn popper.  All the pots and pans that we use regularly are on the dining room table...at least I don't have to bend over to get them!  Little by little the cabinets are emptying out...it should be a quick process of having them totally empty when the word comes that renovation is going to start!  The big question is WHEN!

We are actually back in the loop for Vanderbilt appointment reminder calls.  We got reminded about Dr. Holt's appointment this coming week.  That is the first time in over a year that we have gotten a reminder/confirmation call from Vandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment