Thursday, May 16, 2019

Surprise Delivery

This morning we had a usual Thursday school day despite a yardsale going on at their house.  I was surprised to see their vehicles parked in front of our house and lots of other vehicles in front of theirs when I looked out this morning.  They decided to take advantage of a sunny weather prediction for today and tomorrow and have a couple of days of yard sale at the end of this week and then have another couple of days of yardsale next weekend, too.  They stayed pretty busy most of the day...at least when I looked out!

Isaac had his long time and he and I continued to sort and take apart K'nex.  What a job.  We are nearing getting them all apart and back in their designated boxes once again.

I ate a quick lunch after school and then got ready to head to the church library.  While I was getting ready, I got a call from our kitchen contractor's assistant saying that she was heading to the cabinet making shop to pick up a board with the stain on it that I had chosen and going to bring it by for my approval.  I wasn't expecting that.  I do like the color that our cabinets will be and gave them the thumbs up.  Maybe things are really getting underway!

Woody and I headed off at the same time this afternoon.  He went to the pharmacy to pick up a couple of prescriptions and I headed to the library at church.  Donna and I did maintenance and then worked on choosing some books for our next book order.  Buying books is the best think about being a librarian...I think!

Woody managed to get the lawnmower cranked up for it's one time of running today.  He also worked on getting a hanging basket ready for me to fix it up with a new liner and new plants.  It was another nice day.  We did get a few sprinkles this afternoon and a few claps of thunder, but not enough to affect the ball games.

Joy and Esther both played this evening.  Joy's team lost and Esther's team won.  Both were good games.  Joy got to pitch again.  On Tuesday, Joy "took one...well, two for her team.  She pitched and ran in to cover home plate and collided with the runner and skinned up her elbow.  She finished out the inning and then was first up to bat and she got hit with a pitched ball.  She was a bit sore yesterday after all that!  She did a great job pitching that night, too...only two scored off her in the inning that she pitched.  The final score that night was 12-12 and they didn't play to break the tie.  Tonight Joy got a great base hit in her first at bat.  Her team was hitting, but unfortunately the first pitcher for Joy's team was into hitting the batters so they got runs from stealing bases and being hit by balls!  Esther also got a good base hit tonight and scored the first run for her team.

We are home from the game and settled in for the rest of the evening.  I'm going to look at my piece of stained wood again and then read.  Woody is reading and has the TV going.  Typical evening with two ball games thrown in!

No comments:

Post a Comment