Saturday, May 11, 2019

Saturday

It has just been "one of those days!"  We have stayed quite busy.  Woody did manage to get in a time to go to the library...his Saturday norm.  I thought that I would get up and do some cleaning before starting to work on the veggie trays.  Got the cleaning started, but after several interruptions, I put the cleaning off till this evening and got busy with the veggie trays.  They both turned out looking good enough to eat...hope that the recipients felt the same way about them!  Several friends dropped off the food for our friend and family's "after the funeral" meal.  A little before 2pm Woody and I headed off to the church to pick up the rest of the food for the meal.  We then went to our friend's parent's house and delivered the food and attempted to get it set up cold food in the fridge and hot food in the oven.  That accomplished we headed back into town.  We decided to stop at our house and retrieve an umbrella as it was threatening rain.  I grabbed the umbrella and then we headed to the funeral home.  We got there at the end of the visitation time, spoke to family members, and then went in for the funeral.  Our Sunday School class is so good about providing food for families when the need arises.  I am so blessed to be a part of such a great group.  We truly look out for each other like we would for a family member.  We are there for each other through thick and thin!

Now I'd better go finish the Sunday School lesson so I don't let these special friends down in the morning!  I'm sure that Woody has had his lesson for his boys prepared for days now!  I did get my kitchen floor mopped just before I came up to blog...so that cleaning goal got met for the day along with cleaning the downstairs bathroom.  That's it for me for tonight...except for sitting here in my chair and finishing the lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment