Thursday, May 2, 2019

Thursday Doings

Woody once again ran the lawnmower for its one time to run in the morning.  He continues to work on the gardens...planting vegetable seeds, getting seeds ready to plant, weeding, etc. I know that over the last couple of days he has planted cucumber seeds.  And, he is getting ready to plant green bean seeds.  He's enjoying time outside.  He is being careful to wear gloves on his hands, long sleeved shirt, and a wide brim hat to protect himself from the sun since he is extra sensitive to the sun due to the antibiotic he is taking.

I spent the morning cleaning.  Rarely do I vacuum through the whole house on the same day, but I did today.  I also tried to shift the boxes that I have kitchen items stored in so they aren't so much in the way.  I also put a few more things in boxes.  I roasted a turkey breast this morning while I cleaned.  When I went to get the roasting pan and roasting rack, they weren't there.  But I did quickly remember where I had put them.  Woody enjoyed a turkey sandwich for a bit of a change in his diet.

After lunch, I headed to the church to work in the library.  Donna and I finished up the work on the latest books that we had been processing.  Good work done...more new books on the shelves.  Before I headed home, I ran an errand to Walmart.  I needed my allergy medicine and the birds needed some more food!  The squirrels don't seem to be bothering the feeders as much.  I'm thinking that Esther's kitties are keeping them away.  The cats spend a lot of time on our front porch. Their presence may help spook the squirrels.  They need to be scared...Georgia, especially, is a good huntress!

While I was at the library, Woody went to get a haircut.  The church, library, Walmart, and the barber were the extent of our gadding about today!  We had a storm blow up this afternoon...while I was coming home from Walmart.  I was glad to get a good rain for my new plants.  So far they are looking good.  Also the cherry tomato plants that Isaac and Joseph planted in the hydroponic grow-light inside garden have all sprouted.  And, the lettuce plants that Woody transplanted from that inside garden are doing well outside...just about ready to harvest.  Also the herbs transplanted from that garden into my raised bed that Nathan built for me are doing well also.  We had a lot of our herbs  winter over so have a good number of herbs to use in my cooking and am enjoying using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment