Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Wet Wednesday

The day started out sunny, but before the morning was over showers had moved in.  I didn't realize it was raining because I had been reading with the children.  I just noticed that it kept getting darker in the living room where we were reading.  When Joy headed home I realized that it was raining.  Esther, Isaac, and Joseph joined Elijah for his long time.  It was time to sort the K'nex and take them apart once again.  We have lots of K'nex which is a good thing when it comes to being able to build more than just a couple of things before you run out...but is also a bad thing when you just keep building and building and building because you can without taking things apart...because it is a rough go when it comes to having to take apart so many things at one time!  The four kids and I went at in a big way and we got quite a bit done, but not totally organized yet, nor totally taken apart yet.  My fingers get sore taking things apart and it is a good way to break nails!  The school year is coming to an end (next week is last week) and I want them undone and organized so they can have fun with them this summer if they feel like building with them.  I also want them contained when I need more space for stacking up kitchen things as I have started putting some things in the living room.

Woody headed out before school was over this morning to go to his Oncology appointment for his anemia and B-12 shots.  He also saw the doctor today and the doc was quite pleased that Woody's anemia numbers are going up (a good thing).  The doc thought it was because of the shots and Woody is crediting it to the fact that he is back to eating more meat.  I have a feeling that it is a combination of the two.  After his appointment, Woody ran an errand for me and bought some fresh corn and apples and blueberries (staples for him...that fit into his kidney strict diet).

I spent time making more decisions about the kitchen this afternoon.  I had researched range hoods and decided to go with a different one than I had chosen at first.  So called the appliance salesman this afternoon to change that on my list of appliances. And, I also got an answer back from the contractor about the shelving in my lower cabinets...which meant making a change in what he had planned...but nothing that will set the project back.  He had regular shelves in the few lower cabinets that I will have, but I wanted pull-out drawers in the cabinets.  We just don't need to be down on our hands and knees getting to the back of our cabinets like we have to presently.  Lately when I get down on my hands and knees to get something off the lower shelves, I keep thinking to myself that I will be so glad when the shelves pull out.  So I'm glad that I realized that those in the plans weren't pull-out and that we have rectified that.  I "think" that is the final change!  All this is starting to wear on me.  I just want to get it started so it can get completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment