Friday, May 3, 2019

Friday Fiddling


Woody headed off first this morning to do our grocery shopping.  I continued to cleaning up around here...such that I can do with so many things topsy-turvy.  I decided to go through all the fabric scraps that had accumulated due to either projects of mine or from sewing projects that the grandchildren have done.  I sorted them all and put them in piles and then put the piles back in their proper tub of fabric.  I got rid of some and put some in a pile for Nathan and Kathy's yardsale that is coming up Mother's Day weekend.  That's one of the reasons that I have been going through things.  I started putting things aside for their yardsale when I started boxing up kitchen things.  Now I am branching out to other places in the house to see if there aren't some more things that I can part with.

I put away groceries when Woody got back from Aldi and Kroger.  Then I went back to my fabric sorting.  I got it all put away and walked into the sewing room and found a couple of other pieces thing need to still be put away...maybe I'll put those away in a little while.  I'm sure that as soon as I put those away I will find another stray piece or two!

I got a call from a friend who needed me to take her to the eye doctor this afternoon.  I felt bad for her as when we got to her appointment there had been a mixup and supposedly her appointment had been yesterday morning, though she had an appointment card from them that said today at 3.  Oh, well...she got her appointment rescheduled.

Woody has done more work in the gardens.  He planted beans today.  He mowed the amount that our lawnmower allowed him to do.  It has been another pretty spring day after yesterday's rain.  I even pulled a couple of weeds when I checked on my new plants.  Easy to pull after the rain!  We have both spent some down time reading.  And, I have worked on Sunday's Sunday School lesson for my ladies' class.  It has been a rather relaxing day even though we have both done some coming and going.


No comments:

Post a Comment