Friday, May 17, 2019

Ants Munching


Our pretty pink rhododendron in the front of our house is blooming and ever so pretty.  Woody suggested that I take a couple of pictures.  I noticed in the first picture that I took that there was something in the one bright pink blossom that hadn't fully opened yet.  On closer inspection, I realized that it was an ant.  And then noticed that there was another ant in the picture too.  I took a close up of the center to show the little ant all tucked into the bloom, probably enjoying a snack.

Today has really been a hot day. More like summer than spring.  It got into the mid 80's and the humidity was higher also.  I really felt the heat when I went outside to plant a couple of hanging baskets before lunch.  Besides doing a little planting, I also stewed a chicken and then made "liquid gold" aka chicken stock.  And, of course, stewing a chicken means taking the chicken off the bone...a messy job...and, then there is the greasy, messy pot to get clean.  I got it clean so I could turn around and make a lot of chicken noodle soup...though it was a bit warm for soup!  It does taste good and I hadn't made any for a while. We both enjoyed it for supper and there are leftovers for another couple of meals...which I like a lot!

Woody did our grocery shopping first thing this morning and then was off to run errands with his friend.  Those two errand running chores took up his whole morning and even into part of his afternoon.  Woody got a surprise when he went outside to mow and found out that the front yard and part of back yard had been mowed by someone next door.  I heard the mower going, but didn't look out so haven't solved that mystery yet.  They were having a yard sale so I'm not sure who was kind enough to leave it for a while to help us out.  And, haven't seen them since the discovery to ask.  But we do thank who ever it was!

Abigail came over for her home ec time.  She began quilting her throw today.  She got going on stitching in the ditch, which is the way this one will be quilted and I told her that any time she has some free time she can come over and stitch a row or two till it's done.  She has a bit more time on her hands since Montessori school ended for this school year, yesterday.  Just think...at 15, Abigail just finished her first year of teaching! She has really enjoyed it.  She loves children.  She stays pretty busy with her homeschooling, babysitting, cheesecake baking, church activities, etc. She doesn't have a lot of free time on her hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment