Monday, May 6, 2019

Must be Monday!


Talk about a busy day!  I got up and got ready for school.  Before school started we got a call from our contractor's office asking if he and his cabinet builder could come by around 10am to make final measurements for the cabinets.  Of course, I said "yes!"  So school went on and measuring went on with a few questions that I had to answer.  I think that they left with correct measurements...I hope!  I was left with a couple of "to-dos."

The moment that school was over, I had to head out the door to pick up a friend to take her to an eye appointment.  That lasted a while when picking out glasses and a trip to the bank was added in.  I was ready to sit for a while once I got home!

After a quick rest, I began doing the contractor's "to-do" list.  I called the appliance salesman and had him add a range hood/vent to our appliance list.  Then I had to call to arrange for a termite inspection.  I have discovered a problem with the floor in the dining room and had asked the contractor to add a fix to our list of things for him to do/fix.  He wanted to find out what the cause of the problem is...water damage or termites or whatever.  So I have an inspection set up for some time tomorrow.

I think that "things" may actually be getting underway...as the cabinets are to be built first and then as they are about ready the kitchen will be gutted and other things started to get ready for the cabinets.  He says that this way we won't be without a working kitchen for very long.  Time will tell!!

Woody has been busy, too.  He has worked in the yard quite a bit...mowed, weeded, etc.  I checked how the gardens are growing and plants are popping up and getting underway.  Nathan has some strawberry plants that are looking yummy!  Woody netted the strawberry plants to keep birds and other critters from getting to the red berries before Nathan and family do.

Woody has just returned from Monday night Furnace Room prayer meeting.  At the moment he is at the laptop trying to figure out how the church is now getting prayer messages to the deacons.  New is not always easy nor does it always work.  We have gotten to the information on the laptop, but cannot get the same on my iPad.  Oh, well, I guess as long as he can get it one way!

I guess we are now settled in for a quiet evening.  I'm ready for calm and quiet!  Busy, busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment