Thursday, May 30, 2019

Porch Decorations



With the hot weather, Georgia (top) and Peaches (bottom) enjoy hanging out on our front porch.  I have been trying to catch Peaches in this cute pose with her front paws over the bottom railing for a couple of days now.  Usually when I go in to get my camera and then come back out she moves and comes to greet me at the door.  Today she finally stayed so I could snap her picture.  Georgia likes to lie on the glider and let the air move around her through the slats.  Peaches, when she lies on the glider, prefers to lie on a towel...even though she is the longer haired kitty...so probably hotter!  She has lost the long ruff (mane) around her neck that gets so thick during the winter.  Now the main part of her that tells that she is a long haired cat is her tail.  It remains long and fluffy and something that attracts all the oak "blooms" that drop at this time of the year.  

I did a little more around the house to get ready for kitchen renovation.  Today I removed the knobs from all the cabinet doors...left the knobs on the drawers as they are harder to open without knobs.  And, I also took down the curtains in the kitchen and removed the curtain rods and hardware.  Tomorrow in the cool of the morning, I will attempt to wash the windows in the kitchen.  

Woody has stayed inside for most of the day and avoided the sun.  I think that he did do a little watering in the early hours of the morning.  We're hoping for some rain before too much longer.  The plants would really like a good rain soaked drink!  Woody has been reading today...a book that I finished yesterday and passed on to him to read.  

I'm getting ready to get my serger ready to hem some t-shirts of mine that are too long.  I've got one t-shirt ready to take to the machine...just have to get the machine set up for hemming.  Maybe a job for this evening...or maybe not!  I have a good book to read, too.  So I guess we will see which one wins out to occupy my time for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment