Friday, November 15, 2019

Almost Tree Time

Angels on High

As of about fifteen minutes ago, I cleared the last item off the dining room table, removed the table pad, and placed the Christmas center piece on the table.  Took the last of th decoration boxes upstairs to the hallway to await being put back in the Christmas closet till after Christmas (till whenever I get the energy to put away Christmas).  The last box on the couch in the living room is also upstairs again.  The only boxes that remain downstairs are the ones that have Christmas tree ornaments in them.  That means that it is time to start carrying down the branches for the tree.  I no longer drag the box downstairs as the box has seen better days and if I drag it too much it will just fall apart.  Leaving it in the Chiristmas closet works best and just taking the tree downstairs several pieces at a time works, too.  It is quite a it of climbing up and down the stairs, but I'll take the extra steps for the tree...about the favorite for me of all our decorations.  I have really enjoyed decorating this year...maybe because I didn't decorate last year?  It's good to see all my "old friends" (the decorations) once again!

Besides working on getting things packed away, I did some cooking.  I made Woody's salad dressing and also made him cookies, a recipe that I hadn't made before, pineapple cookies.  They have a small can of crushed pineapple in them.  I also put away groceries when WoodyngotWoody back from doing our weekly shopping.

Woody got our groceries at Kroger, brought them home, and then headed off to run errands with his friend who has no transportation.  I think that Woody said that they went to five stores today.  I know that he was gone for more than three hours.  This evening he has been watching his Friday evening news shows.

The kitchen is cleaned up except for rinsing off the cookie sheets and since I used parchment paper there isn't much cleaning for those...just wiping them off really...they may just sit there till the morning.  I'm rather tired this evening.  I'm not even sure that I have the energy to start the tree limb trek...though it would be nice to have the branches all sorted and awaiting to be put in the "trunk" in the morning.  But I think that I may need to be fresh for those up and down treks.  I might even be able to get some help with taking them down if I wait till tomorrow.  The kids make a pretty good tree brigade and enjoy sorting out the sizes of branches.  In the past I have shaped the branch and they had dropped them in their places until they can't reach any note.  We'll see if this year is a solo effort or a group affair!  "Tis the season!"

No comments:

Post a Comment