Saturday, November 9, 2019

The Carolers Gather Once Again!

I was determined to unearth all the
Byers' Carolers prior to writing the blog tonight and I successfully met that goal just a few minutes ago.  One box eluded me, but I found it about the time that I was going to give up.  Tonight's photo shows all my Williamsburg Carolers.  They have gathered outside some of the Williamsburg homes (one of my Williamsburg photos hangs behind them as a backdrop).  The shopper on the candle stand hasn't quite made it to the group!  She's got the goose for Christmas dinner along with a cone of sugar, candles, bread and other wrapped items that I'm sure she got at Tarpley's dry-goods store.  More Caroler scenes to come in future blogs.  The shelf in the bookcase under the Carolers will have Williamsburg books and other memorabilia before I am finished.

Once again, I have done a variety of things from steam cleaning one of the ovens after I cooked a turkey breast.  There is a load of wash that needs to be taken out of the drier and put away.  I have read a little and done a lot of climbing up and down the stairs and rifling through the Christmas closet.  Boxes are stacking up...both empty and still full ones. The angels are starting to show up along with the snowmen.  Nathan helped me get my grandfather's USS Constitution model upstairs to a safe spot till after Chritmas.  That is a two person job and I felt that it was probably one that Woody didn't need to do.  Getting the ship off the mantel let me clear it to get ready to turn it into a forest for snowmen.  I dusted the top of the china cabinet grtting it ready for the angels on high.  I also found all the boxes of the Fisher Price Nativity that goes on the coffee table along with the special fitted cloth that goes on the coffee table.  So that is ready for the children to get it out and set it up.  Usually we do it on Thanksgiving but I think that I will let them do it earlier this time.  I imagine that it will be mainly the younger ones who are interested in setting it up, but we will see!  I know that Erin and Alex won't mind their Dorrell cousins setting it up.  I'm anxious to get the tree up.  I missed having it up last year.  I found boxes and boxes and boxes and...of ornaments that are stacking up awaiting me unearthing the tree in the Christmas closet.  It is on the very bottom of one side of the closet.  It will be a while before I get to it.  I usually do the tree last after everything else is decorated.  The spot is ready for it whenever I get it ready to assemble and  decorate it.

Woody went to the public library this morning and has been reading and watching football...most of the time the footage game was on mute and he just kept up with it by looking at scores on the screen.

We are both settled in for the night.  I'm going to look over the Sunday School lesson that I am teaching tomorrow morning.  I think that I am through with the decorating for the night.  Woody must be reading as he has the TV off...so it is quiet around here.  Today was the first time that I turned on Christmas carols,,,I needed to get in the mood to decorate!  'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment