Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Same Song Another Verse

I have gotten a lot done today toward decorating.  Dealt most of the day with angels, trees, and snowmen!  Tonight's photo shows the Town Carolers gathering at the church before they go out to sing carols around town!  I am getting close to being finished with the general decorating of tables, mantels, shelves, counters, China cabinets, etc.  I am hoping that by the weekend I will be ready to work on the tree.  So far most of the mess is in the upstairs hallway and on the dining room table.  I do have a couple of boxes on the couch and loves seat in the living room.  I'm going through those boxes to see what I need to get out of them finish up.  I finally got to do more on top of the china cabinet as I had been waiting till I found the really tall angel that goes way in the back.  I didn't want to have many angels in the front that I would probably knock over in the process of getting her positioned.  I finally unearthed her just a little while ago so she is in place and I can finish up placing the other angels now.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Woody got busy in the kitchen...oh, my!  He decided to make pumpkin pudding for the neighbors (Nathan, Kathy and family).  Of course, he no longer knows where a lot of things are in the kitchen!  I helped him find things to keep him from rifling through drawers too much!  This was the first time that he made pumpkin pudding when Joseph could eat it.  He seems to be getting over his egg and milk allergies.  Joy brought the dishes back today and said that it was really good.  They hadn't had Goosey's (Woody's) speciality in quite a while.

Today Woody had to go to the oncology office here in town for labs.  They had to check because they had changed the strength of his anemia shot.  After he got that done, he headed off to pick up his friend to take him to the doctor.  So it was a "going-to-the-doctor" morning for Woody.

It wasn't exactly the day that one wanted to head out early.  It was very cold...in the teens.  It's not supposed to get as cold tonight.  I made one trip out today.  Donna and I worked in the library for s while today...mainly maintenance which included straightening the books on the shelves.  We did that and called it quits. I made a book order the other day so we will have some new books to work with shortly.  But it is getting that time of the year that we will be skipping work days because of the approaching holidays.

I will publish tonight's blog and then head downstairs and clean up the kitchen from supper preparation and then maybe place a few more angels, snowmen, or trees before I call it a night.  Woody is reading and perhaps watching TV...typical evening activities in our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment