Monday, November 4, 2019

Is It Time for Bed Yet?


It is so hard to get used to a time change!  I keep looking at the clock thinking that it is later than it is and then I realize that it really is later according to the time that my body had been on for almost nine months.

The decorating is going along slow!  I have the Christmas cookie jar out and then found the above arrangement in the Christmas closet last night.  I got it out of its box and fluffed it today.  As I was doing that I wondered if I might like this on the rolling island.  This a new arrangement that Cheryl,
my sister, gave us last year.  I didn't get it out of the box last year since I didn't decorate except for a few things so this arrangement is brand new in my Christmad decorations collection.  It always takes me a while auditioning new things to find just the right place.  It may end up staying here in the kitchen, or I might use it as the centerpiece on the dining room table. I won't be able to decide about the dining room table till everything is finished as I use the dining room table to put things while I am decorating.  There is also a possibility that it could go on one of the end tables in the living room.  I took tonight's photo with the flash so the sparkles could be seen on the arrangement.  It is called a "frosty pine" arrangement.  You should see all the frosty glitter on the floor where I fluffed out the branches.  Guess that calls for a bit of vacuuming before we track it everywhere!  The glitter is reminiscent of cards Cheryl used to send filled with confetti...those unaware could make quite a mess!  Do you think that she planned this?!?

Speaking of the dining room table, I did get all the fall decorations packed up and put away.  I did that yesterday.  Today I had school, cooked and did a little decorating.  I made two pots of soup—chicken noodle mainly for Woody and potato for me, since he can't have most of what is in the potato soup.

Yesterday Woody did cut up the pumpkin and peeled it.  I cooked it and puréed it.  We have a LOT of puréed pumpkin now...lots of possible pies...or maybe pumpkin bread.  I still have to freeze it in two cup portions.  I had to get some broth out of the containers that I need for the pumpkin.  I used broth in both soups so that emptied out a couple of containers.  Those containers are in the dishwasher and will be ready to freeze pumpkin when the dishwasher is finished.  I also baked/roasted the pumpkin
seeds.  Since Woody can't eat pumpkin seeds I decided to add a little sea salt to them.  They are pretty good...I still prefer sunflower seeds...but usually avoid those because they have so much salt on them and I'm not supposed to overdue in the salt department, either.  I figured it would be okay on these few pumpkin seeds!

Woody headed out after supper to go to the Monday Night Furnacr Room Prayer Meeting.  He hasn't gotten home yet.  Once he is home we will batten down the hatches and settle in for a quiet evening of reading, TV, or...Oh, just remembered that I guess I need to go back into the sewing room and embroider a monkey on one of Joseph's shirts.  I told him today that I would do that before tomorrow.  Guess I will be doing a bit of machine embroidery this evening and then get back to my book, oh, and go finish up in the kitchen.  Almost everything fit into the dishwasher after my cooking spree, but there are a few stragglers that need to be done by hand.  Woody just came home so I guess we are both in for the evening.  Surely it is almost 9pm...but, no, it only almost 8pm.  Time change makes the time seem to slow down...at least for the first few days of getting used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment