Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Blank Slates



Before coming upstairs to blog, I got the dining room table completely cleared off and then put on the table pad.  This is where all my "everyday" decorative items will collect till I have boxes to store them in till after Christmas.  When I empty Chirstmas decoration boxes I put everyday items in them to store till after Christmas.  I like to clear off the surfaces of tables, bookcases, etc. so when I find Christmas items I can just place them as I unpack them.  I like starting off with "blank slates," as I like to call these emptying surfaces.  I may clear off some more surfaces in the living room before I go to bed, but then I might not as I'm really dragging this evening.  I think that the time change is still 
messing with me.  

I had a usual Tuesday school morning.  Joseph was pleased to find his shirt all embroidered and ready for him on the school table when he came over.  I'm glad that I got that done last night.  I burned a little midnight oil to get it done...hmmmm...guess that could be another reason that I am dragging!

Woody headed off after lunch to visit one of the couples in his Deacon family care group.  He also went to the prayer room at church.  On the way home he stopped at the pharmacy to pick up some of his prescriptions.  

At this point in the day, I guess we are once again settled in for a quiet evening.  The kitchen is closed (meaning it is cleaned up and ready for tomorrow's cooking messes). I only warmed things today...a break from "real" cooking...so not a lot to clean up! The load of wash I did is put away.  I need to go into the sewing room, but not sure that is going to happen.  Reclining back and picking up one of my books is tempting...but I imagine I won't get very far in that endeavor either, as eyes will probably shut!  Woody is settled in his chair downstairs in front of the TV with a book in his lap.  I'm sure that both our bodies are saying it is later than it is on our clocks!  Even Esther's cats are confused.  I fed them for Esther over the weekend and I usually feed them at 4:30.  When I went out today at 3:30 to take the garbage can to the road, they came running trying to convince me to feed them.  I told them they had to take their hunger up with Esther!  The last I heard she was trying to explain to them about the time "falling back!" Don't think they were interested in the reason!  



No comments:

Post a Comment