Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Storm Before the Calm!



It looks like a tornado tore through our living room!  I decided that I needed to wash the windows before I got  very far in the Christmad decorations.  Once the tree is up there is no way to wash two of the windows.  There is another cold front coming through so I wanted to get them done before it got cold again and today was a beautiful day.  I came home from working in the church library and got going...had to light a fire under me as it gets dark so early these days.  I managed to get all four windows washed inside and out.  I washed outside (our windows do fold into the house so washing outside doesn't mean going outside) of the windows first since I knew that I could wash the inside tomorrow and not have to open the windows.  Then I wiped out the sill part that is exposed to the elements...again a job that had to be done with the window open.  After that all the work could be done with the windows closed.  I also ran the curtain panels through the dryer on an air only cycle...they needed a good dusting.  They are now all hanging back up.  Quite a job...but glad to have it done.  The items on the couch are the shades for the sun porch.  I'm hoping that Nathan can work on those on Friday.

Woody had an appointment to get his anemia and B-12 shots today.  He gets those here in Tullahoma at an oconology office.  He was gone quite a while.  It took a while because they wanted to up the dosage of his anemia med and had to get it approved by Woody's insurance.  On his way home he stopped for a hair cut.  He spent quite a bit of time outside today, picking up sticks in the yard.  He wanted to get that job done before rain returns tomorrow.  He spent some time sitting on the porch resting before picking up more sticks.

Last night I spent time in the sewing room putting threads away and getting surfaces cleared off from my last Christmad sewing efforts...just so I can mess it up again as I work on more.  But it is nice to have things put away for a moment at least.  When I was embroidering Joseph's shirt, I kept knocking off embroidery thread spools so I knew that it was time to put them away before I got underway again.  I have a few projects in mind so will attempt to do them in the evening after I am played out from cleaning and decorating.  And, hopefully the living room will look more like the calm after the storm tomorrow!  I look forward to the calm aftermath once decorating is complete (complete is still a figment of my imagination!), but at least I am underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment