Friday, November 29, 2019

'Tis the Season for Real Now!

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I finally feel that it is "all right" to have the Christmas decorations up!  It used to be that we got out the Fisher Price nativity sometime on Thanksgiving Day and the children would set it up while we were finishing up either with the cooking or the clean up.  But I guess that tradition has flown the coop!  Erin and Alex no longer care about putting it up so the neighbor grands do it when Grammy finds it amongst the Christmas boxes.  Well, today instead of just getting started pulling out boxes to get started decorating, I put the last box back into the closet awaiting to pull them back out when I undecorate.  Once again our upstairs hallway is free of boxes.  I am so thankful that I did decorate early.  Having the decorating done frees me up to do other things this coming week in preparation for my Sunday School Christmas Brunch and for other Christmas preparations.

We really had a nice day yesterday.  I always feel like I am in the middle of a whirlwind and just watching everything from above the scene!  But now that I look back on the day, things seem to have gone fine!  There is one thing that I am sure of...no one starved!  Even our picky oldest grandson (22) managed to find at least three things that he would eat...turkey, mashed potatoes, and rolls. And, a definite thumbs down to any of the pies that we had.  He just doesn't know what he is missing with all the other good things that are in our Thanksgiving spread!

I pretty much had everything cleaned up and put away from our Thanksgiving feast before I went to bed last night.  I had lots of help before everyone left...both with dishes and putting furniture back in place.  This morning I put all the table linens and dish towels into the washing machine and that completed my final clean up job.  I do still have to get them out of the drier...but not tonight...I will run the drier for a few minutes in the morning to knock out any wrinkles and fold and put them away.  Besides getting all the boxes put back in the Christmas closet, I got my sewing machine up and running and am trying to get a handle on the rest of the Christmas ornaments that I need to make.  I managed to do two so far.  They are done except for putting a hanging cord on them.  So I guess I am back in the ornament business!

Woody went back to a regular Friday routine on the day after Thanksgiving.  He did our weekly shopping early this morning...we didn't need much...still lots of leftovers.  Then he headed off to run errands with his friend.  The rest of the day he has taken it easy reading, resting and watching some TV.   'Tis the season!


No comments:

Post a Comment