Thursday, November 7, 2019

Trying to Focus!








Trying to focus on the Reason for the Season so decided that I would put out the Precious Moments nativity set.  It was easy to get to as it was one of the only things that I got out last year for decorations.  For those who follow closely there were two reasons that I didn't decorate last year...we had Esther's cat, Georgia, rehabbing in our house and the kitchen was supposed to be done after the first of the year (and, it did get done after the first of the year...just not till summer!  I was already emptying the kitchen cabinets  so I would be ready for the remodel.  So I only did a minimal amount of decorating.  We even borrowed a tree from Nathan and Kathy and children so we would have a tree (children came up with the solution of borrowing their small tree) for our Christmas family celebration.   Thus I am a bit out of practice for decorating having missed a year!  The nativity was a good place to start!  The Nativity is Woody's favorite of our decorations.

It has been a dreary, rainy day as a cold front approaches.  The temperatures have been dropping throughout the day.  It is supposed to get rather cold over night and I think I heard it predicted that it will be in the teens for a low in a few days.  Woody and I both stayed in and kept warm and dry today.  I did have school this morning.  It was Isaac's long time with me.  He is continuing to learn about simple machines.  He moved on to axles today and built a well and was able to have a "bucket" go up and down by turning the axle that he built.  He made a couple of adaptations to the  instructions...perhaps I am seeing a future engineer coming out in him?  He is very determined to get things to work correctly...sticks to tasks very well.







No comments:

Post a Comment