Friday, November 1, 2019

Welcome, November!

Today was pretty much a cooking and cleaning day for me.  I cleaned bathrooms and mopped floors in all three bathrooms and the kitchen.  Then I got busy on making part of a meal for a friend.  Got that done and then Woody and I drove over, picked up my co-supper taker and then headed across the street to deliver the meal.  She had knee replacement surgery on Tuesday and came home yesterday evening.  She is doing quite well...or so she let on to us.  My co-supper taker couldn't believe that she could already straighten out her leg.  She said that it took some time for her to be able to do that...she has had both knees replaced.  I came home to clean up from all the cooking that I did. I have the dish washer going and a sinkful of dishes soaking that I couldn't get into the dishwasher.  I'll do those after I blog and sit for a few minutes!

Woody went to the grocery store for us first thing this morning and then a little while after he got back he headed off to run errands with his friend who has no transportation.  That took a couple of hours.

One thing that I planned to do today that hasn't happened yet is to get started on Christmas decorating.  I don't usually do it this early, but with Thanksgiving so late this year I have to be decorated before Thanksgiving as I am having my ladies' Sunday School class Christmas brunch on the 8th and I KNOW that I don't dare try to decorate in just a week's time.  Starting now will allow me to do it a bit leisurely and hopefully not have my back go out with having to do it quickly.  I have opened the Christmad closet doors...does that count as starting?!?  I thought that I would at least get Mr. Snowman out and get him on the hearth in the family room.  He acts as a draft dodger all winter.  The only problem is that I need to vacuum and clean the hearth well before putting him down and I'm not sure that Woody would appreciate the noise competing with his Friday news programs!  I wanted to get that done while he was running errands today, but my mopping happened during that time.  I guess I have rested long enough.  I will go do the dishes and then grab the towels out of the drier and then fold them...and perhaps call it quits for today!  I should also sit in my chair and jot down some thoughts for Sunday's Sunday School lesson.  Always something to do...no time for boring around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment