Thursday, October 31, 2019

A Brrrrrrrrrrrrry Spooky Night!


Feels like the cold front came through.  We are under our first freeze warning.  It is supposed to get down into the upper 20's tonight.  Little spooks had to dress warmly tonight.  We only had two come to our door.  I was ready to come upstairs and Woody is all wrapped up in a fleece throw so I knew that he couldn't get to the door easily so I turned off the porch light.  Not even our grandchildren made their way next door to trick or treat.  They were at our church for a Fall Fest that we had in conjunction with the downtown merchants of  Tullahoma.  The older grands were helping and the younger ones were running around having a good time and probably collecting candy!

School got off to a slow start as it was raining quite hard, but Joseph managed to wade over and have some school time.  The rest of them got all of their time.  It was Isaac's long time today.  We continued with simple machines.  He is working with pulleys and made a block and tackle.  We decided to have Nathan or Graham help us get the "ropes" right on the pulleys...we got it to work but we're not sure we had the ropes on right because they came off awfully easily.  I think that we need a mechanical engineer or a former K'nexpert!  My mind can't always wrap itself around the diagrams for these models!  I am not an engineer...just introduce the concepts!

Woody ran a couple of errands to shorten tomorrow's errands.  He went to the Credit Union and WalMart.  He will tackle Kroger's tomorrow.  While he was running errands, I got underway with making some homemade bread for the meal that my friend and I are taking tomorrow.  While I was doing that Isaac and Joseph came over to stay while the rest of their family went to set up for the Fall Fest at church.  Their daddy came and got them and took them home to dress warmly so they could go have some Fall fun.  Nathan just came over and said that it snowed and sleeved for about a half hour during the Fest!  Wonder if folk thought that it was Christmas instead of Halloween!

I'm not sure that I'm ready for this cold weather...we have gone from one extreme to another this month...the first of the month it was in the 90’s and now as we leave the month it is in the 30's and November will begin in the 20's!

Oh, and I just had two more trick or treaters = Nathan and Isaac.  They came trick or treating for Isaac's schoolwork folder that he had left here, but I sent them home with some of our treats = balloons!

No comments:

Post a Comment