Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Fall Wednesday

It seemed that there was a bit of a hint of fall color in the trees as I drove to the church this afternoon...maybe we will get some fall color after all...the pretty fall colors just seem much later showing up this year.

I spent the morning in the kitchen with a large amount of sweet red and yellow peppers.  I roasted the larger ones and the pimentos and chopped and sliced the smaller ones.  I put the slices and chopped pieces in the freezer.  I still have to decide if I will freeze the roasted ones.  I know that it will work as I have frozen roasted pimentos before.  I just didn't have time to more than peel and deseed them before it was time to go to church to work in the library.

Today Donna, Fran, and I worked on processing some new books.  We managed to get all done that needed to be done and got them all ready to be checked out.  We had a very productive work time.

Woody left around 10am to take his friend to the doctor in McMinnville.  He was still gone when I left to go to the church at 1pm.  He was home when I got home around 3pm.  He said that he got home somewhere around 2pm.

I was talking with a friend about Saturday's sewing day and I heard a beeping sound on my landline phone...I guess when we got new phone service, we also got call waiting.  I don't know how to get to such calls (and didn't even try), but after I finished talking with my friend, I checked missed calls and saw that I missed a call from Vanderbilt.  I'm sure that it was a reminder about Woody's appointments next week.  But I am surprised to find out that we have call waiting.  I have enjoyed caller ID in seeing if the call is from someone I know or if it is another robo call!  We only have one phone that has this capability and it is hidden in the sewing room so I have to run for that phone when I am upstairs, if I want to ID the caller...and, our phone only rings 4 times before it the answering machine answers...so I have to run fast!  I always tell my friends that be sure to leave a message as I may be on my way to the phone and will get there before they hang up!  We have three phones and only the wall phone in the kitchen is easily accessible.  I guess we have four if you count the cell phone, but that one is usually hidden wherever I used it last!  And, I rarely use my cell phone...just for long distance (and, with new phone service I can use our other phones for long distance...but don't since I don't have the numbers programmed in like I do on the cell phone) and I do text with a few of my family and friends.  We are still holdouts for a smart phone...just have an old fashioned slide phone and I don't carry it with me except when we go out of town...most of the time it is on the end table next to my bed plugged in!


No comments:

Post a Comment