Friday, October 18, 2019

Bread and Groceries

Woody started out the morning running part of our Friday errands.  He went to the Credit Union, got gas in the car, and went to WalMart.  He said that was as much as he could push a cart so he came home to rest a bit before he headed off to take his friend to run errands.

I started making English muffins while he was gone to do our errands.  Since he didn't make it to the grocery store, I needed to make that run, but had to wait till my muffins came out of the oven.  Woody was home from running errands for his friend by the time I was ready to go run my errands and go to the grocery store.  I made a stop at the sewing machine store to buy some machine embroidery stabilizer that I was out of, also stopped at the library to pick up a book that I had requested.  The library won't allow anyone to pick up a book that has been requested except for the person who requested it.  I would have just let Woody get it tomorrow when he goes, but had to do it myself due to library rules!  Then it was on to the grocery store.  It always takes me longer than Woody as I really don't know where things are since he usually does our shopping.  I got back home and lugged. In the bags of groceries to find out that they hadn't given me the sale price on a fairly expensive item nor had they subtracted the e-coupon.  So back to the store I went, after I put away the cold items and returned it.  We will do without that item! I didn't want to mess with trying to get it worked out according to sale and coupon.  Enough was enough with that grocery trip!  I still have a few items to put away.  But decided that I would blog while I rested for a few minutes.

We had chicken gumbo tonight for supper.  I made that yesterday.  I use a salt-free Cajun spice mixture in the gumbo.  I used the last of my spice mixture yesterday so mixed up some more today to have the next time I need it.  Easier to make the spice mixture and refill my container that was already labeled than to put it back on the shelf empty or to wash the container and have to relabel later!

I guess I am rested enough that I should head down to finish up with the grocery mess before it gets any later.  All my coming and going has worn me out today.  I'm ready to sit in my chair and read!  Woody is watching Friday evening news reports on TV.  So it looks like another rather quiet Friday evening in our household.

Oh, and, Nathan was running the Deere around our front yard when I got home from my second trip to the store.  He had a bit of a problem getting it going this afternoon, but his backdoor neighbor and one of his workmen helped work out the problem.  Sounds like the problem was water in the gas line...at least problem was solved and he made pretty short work of what has been known to take a really long time!  He said less than five minutes for the front yard.  This year is one of those years that has produced an abundance of acorns...dangerous underfoot!  I don't think that it sucked up all of those, but perhaps the blower or some little boys can finish up that part of the yard clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment