Tuesday, October 1, 2019

95° Heat Welcomes October!

Well, October was welcomed in TN with extreme heat.  Can it really be this close to Christmas and be this hot?  This is reminiscent of living in Arizona!  We have had so little rain that the humidity isn't oppressive like it can be sometimes here in Middle TN.

Last night's game was really exciting.  Elijah had a "home run"  due to some throwing errors!  He will take one any way he can get one.  He had a couple really good hits in the game.  The last two innings he played catcher...a position that he rarely plays and did a very good job behind the plate!  His team won so that made the game all that much better! He only has one more game during this Fall Ball season.

I woke up way too early this morning...3am and never went back to sleep.  So I had a bit of a hard time staying awake when sitting still reading with the children this morning.  It's entertaining for the children when Grammy starts dozing in the middle of sentences...she tends to add in words that aren't there!  They think it is funny!  I'm glad to provide entertainment for them once in a while!  I did wake up enough to be able to get Elijah going on his experiments for today. Really all I needed to do was get up and move around and I woke right up!  He decided last week that he wanted to make play dough like Isaac and Joseph made.  I decided that it would be easy for play dough to be a science experiment.  He made two different kinds from what the little boys had made and then compared their properties.  He let Esther join him since she missed her time yesterday due to Woody's doctor appointment.  Not long after he and Esther got started Isaac and Joseph joined us.  It worked out very well and we definitely got two very different types of play dough and then had Joseph and Isaac bring theirs down to compare.  They moved from one kind to another and described how it felt, etc. and decided which they liked best.  It was a fun hour!  But boy what a mess was made in the kitchen.  It took over an hour to get the kitchen back to where it was prior to the experimenting...even had to mop the floor!  But I found out that five can work in the kitchen at one time!

Woody was able to stay inside most of the day...stayed cooler that way!  He did the usual: crossword puzzles, reading, Scrabble on the computer, more reading, and some TV watching.  After my kitchen clean up and a late lunch, I took a little nap due to my early rising time.  When I got up it was time to start supper.  I made a Pasta Primavera dish for Woody and made a Mediterranean Tuna Salad for me.   Woody can't have tuna.  I hadn't had tuna in a while...not exactly my favorite...but needed something different.  It tasted pretty good since I hadn't had this recipe in a while. It will be even better tomorrow when it is good and cold!  Always glad to have leftovers and there are leftovers of both of today's cooking efforts.

Over the weekend I did get another Christmas ornament embroidered.  I "should" go do another this evening.  I have to get disciplined about cranking them out or I won't get them finished for this year's Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment