Friday, October 11, 2019

Joy Got Flocked!


Joy woke up to a flock of flamingos in her yard this morning.  Her Sunday School class is helping her celebrate her 14th birthday.  Tomorrow is her birthday, but they wanted to be sure that she got a head start celebrating!  There will be more celebrating tomorrow.

Woody headed out early to do our weekly grocery shopping.  I got busy making a pot of soup...the weather is supposed to make a big drop in temperature sometime today...so far that drop hasn't happened.  I brought in and out away the groceries once Woody got back.  He rested up from his shopping effort and then headed off to run errands with his friend who has no transportation.  Five hours later he returned!  Woody ended up running errands for his friend and a friend of his friend. Woody said that he never got out of the car, just drove them from place to place.  I was beginning to wonder if he had gotten lost or if the car had broken down!  

This evening has been interesting.  First Joy came over wanting to look through my pictures for a couple of photos to print to frame.  She said that she wanted a scene. I laughed and asked her if she knew how many pictures that would mean going through!  She did find two she liked...one flower and one with a butterfly and flowers.  We looked through a lot!  Before Joy had chosen the pictures she wanted, Abigail came over wanting either Goosey or me to go for a ride with her.  She still needs to get in some rode night time driving before she goes to get her driver's license this coming week.  I told her to ask Goosey, since I was helping Joy.  Goosey wasn't too keen on getting back in the car after being in it for so long this afternoon!  I ended up going with Abigail after we got Joy's pictures sent to her daddy for him to print.  So Abigail and I tooled around in the surrounding neighborhoods to add another half hour to her night driving time.  She really does a good job especially considering that she is driving their big 15-passenger van!  I wouldn't want to drive it!  She is very excited for next Thursday to get here so she can get her license!  Such a big event in a sixteen-year-old's life!  She wants to be able to drive by herself!

I "think" that Woody and I are both in for the night now!  A little more happening on this Friday night than usual...but now we can settle in for the rest of a quiet evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment