Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Tuesday

Today was haircut day for me...thus tonight's photo...shooting across the backyard of the house where I go to get my hair cut...definitely fall colors are peeping out.  I still don't think that it is going to be as showy of a Fall as we sometimes have...but there is still beautiful color.  I'm hoping that we will see some color tomorrow on our trip to Vanderbilt.  The only problem is that the appointment is so early that we will traveling for the first part in the dark...hoping that it will be dry, but rain is predicted.  I'm not sure how we got such an early appointment...hope that we can make it despite the rush hour traffic from Murfreesboro on.

I had school today but only part of it.  Elijah missed his long time because they went to have lunch with friends.  Woody heded out to run a couple of errands—pick up some of his medicine at the pharmacy and get gas in the car so we could get to Vanderbilt!  On my home from my haircut I stopped at the library to return the book that I finished last night and found a couple more.

Our Sunday School teacher had knee replacement surgery this morning.  This evening I have been planning a meal with a friend to take to her and her husband later in the week when she gets home from the hospital.  I need to gather up Sunday School literature to take with me tomorrow so I can study the lesson.  I think that I will probably be subbing for quite a few weeks!

I guess I had better go put things in the bag that I will take with me tomorrow to keep me occupied as we wait in one waiting room or another and then go finish in the kitchen.  I guess we need to get to sleep earlier tonight than usual since we need to get up dark and early.  Tomorrow's appointments are for his three-month check in with his melanoma doctor, have a CT scan, and labs...just routine.  Hoping that these check-ins can be moved a bit farther apart.  Just before his surgery last January these appointments were supposed to be moved to a year apart and then after surgery scans picked up on lymph nodes affected by surgery...but they moved them closer together again to be sure...hope that they get moved to at least 6-months apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment