Tuesday, October 8, 2019

A Semi-Success

I tried something new today—homemade noodles.  Melany and Wade had given me this pasta machine some years ago.  Nathan and Kathy have used it, but I had never tried to make noodles from scratch before.  I needed noodles to serve with meatballs and gravy and didn't have any that I thought would work well with the meatballs so decided that today would be the day to make noodles.  I had somewhat of a success...not perfect...but I got enough good noodles to make two servings.  Some of them stuck together.  I think that I know what I did incorrectly so may try to make them again tomorrow or the next day to go with the rest of the meatballs and gravy.  Their were enough good ones to make it seem worthwhile to "try, try again!"

I now have quite a mess to clean up, but needed to rest my back before continuing in the kitchen.  So I am blogging and then will go attack the mess that is still there.  Woodsy assured me that it  would be there when I returned!



I had only a partial day of school...no long time today as one of their cousins is visiting.  It continued to feel like a fall day...temps were definitely lots cooler.  Abigail and I went shoe shopping this afternoon.  I had planned to go to her volleyball game, but due to our supper taking longer than I planned, I didn't get finished in time to go.  I hear that they had a fairly easy win this evening.  While I was working on the noodles, Woody went to the prayer room at church.

Well, I guess I have rested my back long enough, time to head back to a big clean-up job!  I had planned to use Abigail's birthday party pictures tonight, but decided that I will wait till her actual birthday.  Joy's birthday will be first...this is our big month of birthdays...niece, nephew, 2 grandchildren and great nephew and great niece!

No comments:

Post a Comment