Tuesday, October 15, 2019

New (to us) Wheels


Our two families (Nathan's and ours) have shared push mowers...we each have push mowers but more times than not one or the other isn't working.  They are both about on their last "legs."  Yesterday when Woody went visiting one of his deacon families, he found out that they were wanting to sell their riding mower.  Nathan went over to look at it today and decided that it was worthy of purchasing.  Woody gave Nathan a check to purchase it and so here it now sits in their yard.  It will need a bit of work as it hadn't been run in a while, but between Nathan and Graham they are sure that it will be up and going and end up being very helpful to both of our yards.  The most positive thing about having this wheeled helper at this time of the year is the fact that it will pick up the leaves eliminating a LOT of raking!  All, children and adults, were very happy about that.  

The rest of the day was pretty normal...school for the children and me, puzzles, TV, and reading for Woody.  Woody wasn't sure for a while if he would have a TV as he couldn't get it to turn on this morning.  Nathan attempted to get it working and in the end took the remote home to clean it and consult with Graham.  Graham knew what to check and cleaned it and had it back to working.  Woody was a bit sad that he missed his morning news, but he has had news at the rest of the times today!  

I just got finished cleaning up the kitchen after making our supper.  We had one of our favorites, Sweet and Sour Pork.  I had cooked a pork roast over the weekend so part of it went into this recipe.  This is a recipe that I can make that is okay for Woody.  I don't put a lot of pork in it and leave out the soy sauce and add a little ground ginger and it works fine and is very tasty.  As I was typing this I just realized that I forgot to put the frozen peas in tonight's version.  Oops!  Guess I will add some to the leftovers when we have it in the next day or so!  Guess I was going pretty much by memory on this recipe and just let the peas slip my mind!  This recipe was originally for sweet and sour chicken and I substitute pork sometimes.  We eat a lot of chicken and it is good to switch out to the "other white meat" (pork) once in a while!  With Woody's limited diet it is so hard to offer a variety.  Today I realized that I can make one of our chicken gumbo recipes that will be okay for Woody...just leave out the sausage.  It is very hard to find soup recipes that don't have tomatoes, beans, broccoli, (any dark green veggie), or potatoes in them...things that are major "no no's" for Woody's diet. But I will say that I don't think that he is starving and I'm working hard to try to not make his food too monotonous.  


No comments:

Post a Comment