Monday, October 14, 2019

Slow and Steady


I wish that time would go "slow and steady" like this turtle rather than quick like a bunny!



It has been a rather slow-paced day, at least for me.  I had school in the morning and then in the afternoon I turned into a "reading afternoon."  I had a book to finish and then Woody had a book for me that he got at the library on Saturday.  He had finished reading it and handed it over to me.  I also "think" that I took a couple of little naps between chapters, or, perhaps in the middle of chapters!  I didn't do any cooking except for warming up things that I made over the weekend.  I had a major cooking day on Saturday and didn't cook today or yesterday.  A nice change of pace.  Yesterday I worked in the sewing room on Christmas gifts.  I "think" that I may head into the sewing room after I blog and perhaps get another gift done this evening.  

Woody had a quiet morning with his crossword puzzles, books, and TV.  After lunch, he visited with one of his deacon families.  This evening he is at the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer meeting.  
So he has made several "trips" out today.

Our weather has made a big change over to cooler temperatures.  It always takes me a while to get used to colder temps especially when we had been having record breaking highs.  It had started to feel like it would be summer forever.  

Over the weekend we made another order for honeycomb shades.  We like the ones we ordered for the kitchen and said that we would get them for the sunporch and laundry room if we liked the ones in the kitchen.  The laundry room got the one that came for the kitchen that had a problem due to tape being stuck to it and ripping some of the paper off the shade so the company replaced it.  It happened to fit the laundry room window so we decided that it would work in there since it is rarely seen!  So the new order is for the windows in the sunporch and for the door in there.  This area runs along the back of our house and is mostly Windows and despite us having special thermal windows, it still gets 
cold when it is very cold outside and very hot when the sun beats in on summer afternoons.  We think that it will be good to insulate the windows  a bit more with these honeycomb shades.  Nathan did a great job and made it look easy to install them so hope that these will go up as easily.  We got Nathan to measure and then Woody and I remeasured prior to ordering just to be sure! Looking forward to having those windows  covered for the first time since we moved in in 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment